Friday, July 8, 2011

Is anybody there? Does anybody care? Does anybody see what I see?

Hello--Hope all are enjoying your summer.  I figure that we have only two more months (or so), then it will be Autumn.  Hooray!  'Til then, I will post this to see if anyone is still looking for me to blog.

Having a discussion about libraries on Facebook.  Note--libraries are not "obsolete", they are cultural and economic treasures.  Arguing this point with someone who's been a library trustee for the past twenty years is probably not going to win one points in his estimation.

2 comments:

  1. Of course I am looking for you to blog! I value your insights, your opinions, your wit, your stories, and think everyone should have access to them!

    "For I have crossed the Rubicon
    Let the bridge be burned behind me
    Come what may, come what may"

    Did you know you can get this as a ringtone? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your thoughts. I wouldn't dream of trying to engage you in a dispute (as I would always lose...), and I would NEVER argue that libraries are obsolete (perish the thought!).

    ReplyDelete