Saturday, October 27, 2012

Why I will vote the way I intend to vote

Hi--I've been gone a while.  My wife has convinced me that this is the place to voice my opinions, not Face Book.  Please note that you are welcome to disagree with me, but this is my place.  If you want to leave graffiti, do so someplace of your own.  Dissenting opinions that aren't sufficiently well argued will be deleted at management's discretion, and all such decisions are final.

I will not be voting the way many of my friends think I should.  I'm going to do a few posts to explain why.  It will be up to you to decide for whom I intend to vote.

Reason 1--I don't want a robber baron as President.  I don't want a corporate raider as President.  I don't want to elect a disciple of Ayn Rand as Vice President.  I don't want the socio-economic clock turned back to the "good ol' days" of 1900.  Those days were good for a few people who clawed their way to the pinnacle of an unregulated economy, but they did so at great cost to the vast majority.   I think this was immoral, and I don't want those days to return.

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested to know what you think about the Michigan Supreme Court candidates. Actually, I'm interested to know what you think about the entire ballot. Are you going to do a voter's guide?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vote for Jackson, Kelly, and McCormack. They are good people and the campaign of the republicans running--Markman and Zahra especially--have essentially been fraudulent. The latter two are in the pocket of insurance companies and other monied interests and their commercials have been full of downright lies.

    ReplyDelete